Spinach On the Ground

Hi All,

This is just an update on my winter garden. I sowed the seeds on November 6th after harvesting all the tomatoes. Now it has been a month and I would like to share the update with you. I do not think that we can start harvesting before spring but it is still fun to watch the little seedlings to grow. In my experience, when you sow spinach before the winter, you get a much quicker and better harvest in early spring. This must be because the roots establish themselves over winter and when better weather kicks in, it simply sky rockets. I will keep you updated on the progress. Some pictures are below.

On the day of sowing (Nov 6th, 2023):




17 days later (Nov 23rd). Young seedlings just emerging:




10 more days later (02 Dec.). Seedlings are more clearly visible:




Last update (Dec 5th). Growing strong:


More updates will come as time progresses. If you read this post, please let me know your experience on growing spinach. When do you sow, which variety do you sow, what are your results?

Comments

Popular Posts